Job Number: 2161235
PROGRAM MANAGER - MANUFACTURING/AEROSPACE INDUSTRY
The Program Manager is responsible for program leadership, execution, and customer coordination. He or she must successfully manage a large individual program or several small programs involving substantial commitment of Company resources within budget and schedule. Collaborate with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders to deliver program results that are responsive to customer needs and market opportunities. Plan, organize, and control assigned program activity from initial concept through final stages of program product life cycle to optimize profit and meet growth objectives.
- Is the primary point of contact with customers, communicating with them regarding the schedule and other issues on an on-going basis. Acts as voice of the customer.
- Partners with internal teams to provide documentation, information and guidance on impacts of difficulties and/or delays to delivery schedules.
- Accountable for price, cost, inventory, quality, and delivery as it relates to assigned customer base.
- Tracks, monitors, and reports program performance using program management tools.
- Develops and executes program presentations for both internal and external customers as well as summary documents for leadership review.
- Leads multi-disciplinary teams to execute programs in accordance with quality, schedule, and cost commitments.
- Responsible for accurately identifying customer demand for long-term forecasting and business planning.
- Responsible to utilize ERP system for transactions and analysis.
- Manage program(s) with plans and objectives to ensure commitments are met by monitoring, assessing, and resolving variances in quality, schedule, and budget.
- Communicate status of work to appropriate parties (internal/external Customers) to keep them informed and involved.
- Assist with development schedules and coordinate cross-functional project plans and critical paths by utilizing project planning tools (e.g., MS project, periodic team meetings).
- Communicate effectively by conveying information and ideas in a clear, meaningful, and timely manner while providing information to ensure understanding and solicit input from audience during communication.
- Resolve any conflicts among stakeholders that impact successful program outcomes.
- Lead Integrated Product Teams responsible for all phases of program life cycle.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (preferable) or business management.
- Five (5) years manufacturing industry experience and Two (2) plus years' experience as a program manager in the aerospace industry.
- Working knowledge of Contract Terms & Conditions, Quality Clauses, Pricing Models, etc.
- Experience working independently and a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities. React to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently. Prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent green card holder.
- Master's degree in engineering, business, or a related field.
- Experience with Epicor E10 ERP.
- PMP certification.
- Demonstrated experience in contract negotiation and administration.
- Knowledge of process definition, flow charting and process management techniques.
- Experience with ITAR, FAR/DFAR requirements, AS9100, and Exostar.
- Experience with military contract proposals.
Note: We are a drug-free workplace. We conduct pre-employment drug screens and random monthly drug screens.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.