- Location: Santa Cruz
- Salary: Negotiable per year
- Job Type:Contract
Posted 24 days ago
Job Number: 2162623
The Project Engineer oversees the design and manufacturing process and supports the production staff.
Job Description of major duties:
* Works on one or more projects as directed, along with other assigned tasks and responsibilities.
* Develops and provides specifications of components for various medical devices.
* Assists or leads in the design and development of products.
* Designs and develops tooling, fixtures, and equipment towards the project, as necessary.
* Uses equipment and tools to establish processes and to manufacture products.
* Provides documentation of research and development processes through lab notebooks, Work Orders, or other methods.
* Designs and develops test equipment, as necessary.
* Clearly comprehends technical drawings, and create CAD files and drawings using SolidWorks, as required.
* Creates new and/or revises existing manufacturing documentation for improved materials, components, and/or processes (i.e. Manufacturing Process Instructions, Work Orders).
* Designs and build prototype devices and/or leads a team to accomplish the project per customer Purchase Order and specifications.
Research, specify, and procure material components for project.
* Designs and/or conduct DOE (Design Of Experiments) and PC (Process Characterization) to determine optimal process parameters, as directed.
* Works with the Extrusion Department to manage and support manufacturing processes.
Communicates directly with customers, as necessary.
* Practice company safety, quality policies and procedures, actively requires conformance.
* Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with local and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
* Experience with SolidWorks is a plus.
* B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering required. Ability to read technical drawing. Ability to use machines and tools used in building of medical device products. In depth knowledge of safe laboratory procedures and GMP.
* 3 years engineering experience in medical device.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.