Job Number: 2160153
Property Manager (Residential)
Purpose: The Resident Manager is responsible for planning, controlling, and directing the day-to-day operation of the property to provide safe, decent, sanitary housing to residents, and for maintaining effective and harmonious resident relations.
- Create and maintain professional and friendly relationships with residents, vendors, personnel, and the public.
- Continually working to obtain full occupancy of property rentals and/or retain current residents. This includes marketing efforts, preparing regular market surveys, responding to inquiries regarding the property, giving tours of property and available units to prospective residents, following up with any prospective residents, and maintaining the waiting list.
- Notify residents timely of Annual Re-certifications by hand delivering or posting notice on resident's door. Perform and complete any interim certifications and recertification's as required.
- Maintain EIV master binder and monthly reports, follow up and resolve income discrepancies.
- Maintain files in compliance with HUD, State Housing Division, PNC, and any additional compliance related regulations. Work with internal compliance team.
- Assist tenants with forms related to their current housing.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Responsible for hiring and supervising maintenance/office personnel. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- At least 2 years of property management/tax credit experience
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Management of Personnel - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Management of Financial Resources- Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Technology - Must have basic computer knowledge. Experience with billing software (Yardi), email (IBM Lotus Notes), and Microsoft Office software preferred.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.