Purchasing | Buyer
- Location: Santa Rosa
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 13 days ago
Job Number: 2172124
Purchasing | Buyer
Global High Tech Leader is hiring!
Location: Sonoma County
Exceptional benefits including retirement and profit sharing.
* Purchasing raw materials, electronic components, finished goods, and subcontracted machining services. You will be responsible for maintaining existing vendor relationships and identifying potential new vendors.
* You will lead solicitation of quotations and vendor negotiations for new products.
* We will look to you to create and implement cost reduction initiatives, product cost and margin analyses, and manager other special projects as required.
* Purchases parts, equipment, and materials by preparing request for quotations and submitting purchase orders with approved suppliers. Issues purchase orders and agreements that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms, and conditions as negotiated with suppliers. Maintains accurate lead times for assigned commodities.
* Evaluates bids for standard and non-standard items. Selects suppliers for lower cost items or items of limited scope and complexity and negotiates price, delivery, quality and service. Develops alternate sources of supply by identifying and researching prospective suppliers.
* Monitors and evaluates supplier performance. Advises appropriate personnel of impending supplier failure to fulfill contractual agreements that may delay production or delivery.
* Resolves shipment quality discrepancies by mediating supplier/manufacturing issues. Facilitates the resolution of issues by arranging and participating in conferences between suppliers and company personnel.
* Analysis and maintenance of appropriate inventory levels to assure customer satisfaction.
* Participates in continuous improvement activities and provides suggestions for cost reduction and improved efficiency.
Buying, purchasing or supply chain experience
Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities.
Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification.
The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.