Job Number: 2153837
Job Title: Quality Control - CMM Operator Machine shop - Aerospace
Location: Newark Ca.
Compensation: $22-$25 Hr.+ DOE - Swing shift (1 pm to 11:30 pm, M-Th)
* Perform incoming, in-process, and final inspection of parts on a daily basis.
* Document and record inspection results and properly file hard and electronic copies.
* Interpret drawings and schematics.
* Initiate nonconformance reports (NCR's) for all nonconforming material.
* Perform inspections using the microscope.
* Perform first-article reports using various inspection tools.
* Follow customer specifications to satisfy the inspection requirements of the drawing or work order instructions
* Work closely with the Quality Manager and Scheduling Manager for production flow.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Ability to interpret drawings and schematic per ASME Y14.5.
* Strong understanding of GD&T.
* Manual and/or CMM inspection experience.
* Minimum two years of experience with Calypso Software and Zeiss CMM; five years preferred.
* Ability to lift 50 lbs. safely.
* Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
* Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent green card holder.
* Knowledge of Epicor ERP 10 or similar Management/Manufacturing Information System.
Note: We are a drug-free workplace. We conduct pre-employment drug screens and random monthly drug screens.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.