Job Number: 2161903
Growing company with excellent benefits!
Location: Sonoma County
Responsibilities for Quality Manager:
- Provide oversight of and direction to Quality Department and facilitate completion of all responsibilities under the company, regulatory, and industry policies and practices.
- Drive continuous improvement of the product quality and the QA team, collaborating closely with diverse, cross-functional groups to instill and manage a strong QA- and safety-oriented culture.
- Proactively identify food safety and quality risks in the product or process development process, communicating risks to cross-functional stakeholders and offering solutions to mitigate those risks.
- Be a subject matter expert for internal and external stakeholders as it relates to food safety and quality.
- Manage active internal audit process to ensure that all support systems supporting GFSI (SQF) standard are operating as intended, plus oversee all SQF audits, customer audits, and regulatory inspections (CDPH, CCOF, Star-K).
- Work closely with Plant COO and others to keep training and orientation programs relevant, effective, active, and reflective the current standards that address product quality and food safety.
- Directly responsible for the management and continued development of all compliance relationships to include FDA, CDPH, CCOF, Star-K, Non-GMO Project.
- Work with Quality Team members and others on a variety of projects as the business grows such as product specifications, supplier approvals, traceability, incident management, and the Company's Product Recall Plan.
- Ensure the compliance to regulatory requirements and that everyone in the organization strives for the highest standards of quality every day.
- Monitor and ensure the continuous improvement on product quality and quality system.
Qualifications for Quality Manager:
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science/Technology or related field required.
- 3 years of Quality Assurance experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Food manufacturing experience a required.
- With a minimum of 3 years of experience in a managerial capacity in a manufacturing/quality environment required.
- Experience with regulatory inspectors: AIB, BRC, OSHA, Military, Health Department, EPA, City & County Inspectors preferred.
- Team management/leadership/development skills. Successful in building and mentoring high performance teams committed to quality and promoting a spirit of teamwork and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Bilingual English & Spanish a plus.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.