Job Number: 2165582
Sustainable and Innovative manfacturing company is hiring!
Compensation to: $120K plus benefits and opportunity for growth!
The Quality Manager is responsible for managing the processes and activities within the areas of quality systems, communications and interactions about customer and supplier quality, and process controls and improvements. The Manager applies continuous improvement methods, such as lean manufacturing, to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability or cost-effectiveness. Acting as a change agent, the Quality Manager drives the cultural transformation necessary to achieve world class quality performance by the organization.
- Serve as the primary resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting, continuous improvement, and customer/regulatory quality while ensuring compliance to International Organization for Standardization, Good Manufacturing Practice, and customer quality requirements and standards.
- Manage the internal audit system, facilitating implementation of new quality system requirements.
- Work with Production to drive process improvements.
- Support engineering efforts through participation in design development projects, perform root-cause analysis and other problem- solving activities that will identify effective corrective actions and process improvements
- Establish collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality,
- Act as a company representative for current and prospective customers as well as regulation entities concerning communication on quality systems and processes.
- Interact with customers to resolve quality issues, identify opportunities to improve quality, report quality metrics, and change management initiatives.
- Monitor supplier performance and take appropriate action to maintain quality performance at the required levels.
- Assist the purchasing department to assess prospective suppliers' technical and manufacturing capability to meet the company's quality requirements.
- Monitor the performance, promote personal development, and provide guidance on performing individual tasks among the assigned Quality staff (quality leads, and quality inspectors).
- Establish and monitor trends to drive improvement activities.
- Report to the General Manager and other key members of leadership on quality issues, trends, and findings
- Work with Top Management to ensure that the responsibilities and authorities for relevant roles are assigned, communicated and understood within the organization.
- Ensuring that the quality management system conforms to the requirements of the International Standard.
- Reporting on the performance of the quality management system and on opportunities for improvement to management.
- Ensuring the promotion of customer focus throughout the organization and in particular, your area of responsibility.
Ensuring that the integrity of the quality management system is maintained when changes to the quality management system are planned and implemented.
Ensuring that the processes are delivering their intended outputs.
Strictly adhere to all work instructions and safety procedures.
Immediately report any unsafe or unhealthy working condition to your supervisor/leadership.
production floor settings
Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelor's Degree, Quality Management certification/training, solid working knowledge of ISO 9001, project management skills and experience, excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to liaise at all levels within the organization, Lean/Six Sigma project leadership, ability to work independently and in a team, ability to provide inspirational leadership, team building skills, previous experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Preferred Qualifications Skills:
Engineering/Science degree, Master's level, Member of a Quality institution, Six Sigma Black Belt, working with global suppliers across large regions, demonstrated ability to develop a team.