Job Number: 2160539
Recruiter / Payroll Specialist
Growing Agriculture Dealership is hiring.
Location: Modesto CA
To process biweekly payroll for hourly and salary employees. Recruit to fill our open positions. Provide confidential and timely support to HR Director. Exercise independent judgment and discretion while utilizing company policies and practices to determine appropriate action. Handle confidential matters with tact and diplomacy.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Process biweekly payroll for hourly and salary employees.
- Recruit to fill our open positions.
- Process new hires from background checks, through first day of hire.
- Provide administrative support and liaison duties to HR Director.
- Readily perform multiple tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Express excellent written and verbal communication skills at all times.
- Responsible for recruiting new employees including posting job ads, screening resumes and applications, phone screening candidates, coordinating interviews, and communicating with applicants throughout the recruiting process
- Partner with and monitor results of local and national firms and recruiting websites.
- Responsible for initiating applicable pre-employment background checks and various testing for applicants
- Onboarding of new employees; immediately process associated paperwork.
- Follow processes to improve workflow and communication between departments.
- Lead and manage hiring and termination projects utilizing Basecamp
- Maintain and audit all records relative to personnel, medical, garnishments, I-9, ethnicity, benefits, change notices, disputes, etc.
- Work with employees and management to correct their personnel records.
- Assist HR Director with open enrollment.
- Assist HR Director with administering employee inquiries, identifying need, processing necessary transactions and escalating issues as required.
- Handle internal employee requests pertaining to HR including payroll, benefits, 401k and PTO.
- Assists in payroll review, processing, and resolving payroll errors
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum 2 years, of progressive work experience, in a Human Resources Environment.
- Experience in recruiting or onboarding preferred.