- Location: Sacramento
- Salary: US$24.00 - US$28.00 per hour
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted about 1 month ago
Job Number: 2173328
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Makes timely and appropriate referrals to openings in accordance with eligibility requirements.
* Quickly resolves program-specific issues by convening and facilitating problem-solving meetings between referring and receiving agencies.
* Communicates referral decisions to stakeholders, and in some cases, deny referrals that do not meet eligibility requirements.
* Collaborates with the client referring agency staff, and other partners to gather and complete necessary documents.
* Accesses and understands the HMIS system.
* Ability to work collaboratively with diverse populations and communicate effectively.
* Participates in meetings with partner agencies to problem-solve and remove barriers to shelter or referrals as needed.
* Ability to handle the emotional demands of working with the homeless population, in a community with limited resources.
* Regular, predictable attendance is required.
* Ability to get along and work effectively with others.
Ideal candidates will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Excellent customer service skills and ability to work effectively with others.
* Attention to detail and consistent processes; willingness to be transparent about processes.
* Experience working with individuals/ families experiencing crisis and instability.
* Knowledge of shelter requirements as established by the shelter partners, and a working knowledge of where the client can complete or verify requirements.
* Develops an understanding of the Coordinated Entry process as a whole in Sacramento, and the programs which work closely with SSF.
* Consistency in communication and standards.
* Knowledge of HMIS, Google Suites and Microsoft Office.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.