Job Number: 2162404
Redwood City, CA
Reporting into Director of Accounting, our client is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual to join its team as a Revenue manager specifically focused on revenue processes and related costs, and its accounting and reporting. We are looking for a creative and confident self-starter who is a team player, but also comfortable working autonomously. The candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) to establish credibility and facilitate an effective working relationship with a wide range of Company representatives including non-finance team members. Other critical skills include sound business judgment, calibrating advice and strategy based on the company's risk tolerance, strong organization and prioritization/time management skills, attention to detail, strong operational experience on revenue processes, goal and team orientation, and the ability to develop relationships with a variety of people at different levels and functions throughout the Company.
- Experience on ASC 606 revenue recognition under US GAAP and working in multi-national companies.
- Experience in operationalizing the technical application of the revenue recognition accounting guidance. Proficient in Net Suite ERP system especially on its ARM module.
- Owning the revenue recognition globally using ERP and CRM tools on a monthly basis. Experience in performing reconciliation of all revenue related balance sheet accounts (deferred revenue/unbilled/deferred cost of sales) on monthly basis.
- Review customer contracts and purchase orders to ensure proper bookings and revenue recognition in accordance with accounting guidance and company policies.
- Evaluating and documenting the accounting treatment for non-standard revenue transactions
- Owning the revenue recognition processes for internal control purposes
- Ensuring timely documentation of key revenue recognition issues
- Serving as liaison with external auditors on accounting and reporting matters related to revenue recognition
- Own the GAAP & Non-GAAP (ARR/New Bookings) reporting of revenue amounts reported internally & externally in NetSuite and Internal CRM tool.
- Working in a cross-functional manner with Controller, FP&A, Sales and Sales Operations, Legal and Shared Services to ensure the integrity of financial information, resolve accounting issues and provide financial/accounting advice
- Prepare disclosures for external reporting as needed.
Skills You Need to Succeed:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience on revenue recognition field (industry experience a must).
- Last job to be in industry (specifically in technology software/SAAS companies in the bay area)
- Previous background in public accounting client service
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and exposure to complex revenue recognition transactions
- Good judgment, problem identification and problem-solving ability
- CPA license preferred but not mandatory.
- International experience a plus
- Knowledge of Net Suite ARM Module is preferred. Working knowledge of CRM tool a plus.
- Demonstrated technical background and experience researching and applying technical accounting guidance
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, including the ability to work with systems and large sets of data
- Excellent communication, management and analytical skills combined with sound business judgment
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or related field
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.