Job Number: 2163188
Santa Clara, CA
Main Purpose of the Role
As a key member of the Corporate Accounting team, the Senior Corporate Accounting Analyst will be working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment building relationships with corporate accounting teammates in the U.S. and worldwide, and with the broader organization, partnering with Treasury, FP&A, Legal, Corporate Development, Internal Audit, etc. The Senior Corporate Accounting Analyst will gain exposure to the 360 degrees of both internal and external financial statement reporting, and will be exposed to technical accounting research and utilizing problem solving abilities to research the accounting implications for new and unique business transactions. More specifically, the Senior Corporate accounting Analyst will be responsible for technical accounting research, drafting technical accounting memos/whitepapers, and for monthly worldwide close, consolidation, and financial reporting. This role would also include providing technical financial guidance to cross functional departments, to help ensure complex accounting transactions are recorded accurately and timely in the general ledger in accordance with US GAAP. The Senior Corporate Accounting Analyst is responsible to ensure appropriate functional currency determinations and worldwide FX questions are resolved in partnership with Treasury and Tax, and that stock based compensation and equity accounting are recorded and reported accurately.
This is an exciting role with vast educational opportunities. It has a good mix of technical accounting & SEC financial reporting, combined with operational accounting exposure, and provides great experience working directly with the senior leadership team (CAO, CFO, CEO).
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for helping lead and support the Corporate Accounting organization by helping evaluate business activities to research technical accounting guidance, determine appropriate GAAP treatment, and prepare memorandums/ policies.
- Provide input and support to drive the annual and quarterly SEC reporting process as well as internal financial reporting to the CFO, CEO and BOD.
- Prepare SEC financial reporting disclosures including financial statements, footnote disclosures, and operating metrics for SEC filings and for other internal and external financial reporting requirements.
- Responsible for monthly corporate worldwide financial close activities, including technical accounting and operations related journal entries and account reconciliations. Prepare journal entries related to significant higher risk accounts. Review and approve peer partner journal entries.
- Ensure worldwide consolidations are prepared accurately and timely.
- Manage the Oracle general ledger automation projects this fiscal year, including automation of the consolidation and external reporting GL views, and automating and standardizing FX remeasurement in Oracle.
- Responsible for SOX compliance activities, including executing internal controls.
- Prepare financial analyses.
- Develop and maintain excellent positive working relationship with the external auditors.
- Accounting degree.
- CPA preferred.
- 3-7 years of accounting experience, with a minimum 3 years Big 4 public accounting base.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Semiconductor experience a plus.
- An effective leader and team player who has excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Written analyses and presentations are clear, concise, and reflect polish and precision.
- A flexible and nimble go-getter with a positive can-do attitude, sense of humor, and a roll-up-my-sleeves mentality: no ivory tower candidates need apply.
- Possess energy and passion for your work and a genuine interest in accounting.
- Your ultimate priority is to help ensure that the organization has accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting.
- Highly accurate, thorough, with strong attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership. Someone who consistently goes the extra mile.
- A problem solver who is collaborative, proactive, responsive, and reliable.
- Agility to change and think on your feet.
- Creative person with strong interpersonal skills and ability to contribute to our culture.
- Takes a customer service oriented approach.
- Strong organizational skills.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.