- Location: Menlo Park
- Salary: Negotiable per year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 25 days ago
Job Number: 2156655
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process, prepare journal entries, analyze accounting transactions, and perform reconciliations for various accounts in accordance with GAAP and Company Policy.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual fixed asset reporting such as PP&E and lease rollforwards, supporting documents for financial statements notes and other relevant analysis.
- Work closely with internal business partners on CIP management to ensure timely and accurate capitalization of assets, include leading monthly status meetings and perform detailed research on project spend.
- Provide technical guidance to Project Managers, Buyers, Accounting and Finance teams as it relates to Company Capital Policy, accounting for asset transactions and processes.
- Process fixed asset transactions such as additions, retirements, transfers, and depreciation for capital assets in accordance with company policies.
- Manage day-to-day asset accounting processes and maintain effective internal controls around asset accounting. Maintain integrity of financial and accounting data recorded in Asset Management in compliance with GAAP and Company Policy.
- Assist with interim and year-end audits by preparing required schedules and providing documentation for audit selections.
- Prepare working schedule and support documents for annual Property Tax Exemption filling and Business Property Tax filling.
- Create and maintain process documentation.
- Support finance budgeting and forecasting processes, as needed.
- Research, identify and assist with implementation of improvements to processes, reporting and systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
- Fixed asset and ASC842 lease accounting experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational, communication and project management skills required to prioritize and efficiently execute tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong Excel skills and working knowledge of PeopleSoft a plus.
-Should be a self-starter, able to work independently and be self-motivated.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.