Job Number: 2172138
Our reputable Bay Area client has an immediate need for a well-rounded Senior Accountant to come on board for at least 4+ months. This role will be fully onsite in the Tri-Valley area.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for GL, account reconciliations, various reports & analysis as well as helping create new policies and procedures. The Senior Accountant must be a highly organized, technically proficient accountant with an analytical mind who adapts well to change.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- GL accounting, entries, and schedules
- Effectively describe accounting processes and controls with external/internal auditors
- Identify and resolve general ledger balance variances
- Provide supporting documentation as requested by auditors
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Analyze daily and monthly general ledger transactions
- Strong knowledge of internal controls
- Various month-end close activities
- Works well in a fast-paced work environment
- Proactive and detail oriented
- Problem solver & self starter
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Strong Excel skills
- System savvy and strong knowledge of ERP systems
- Public accounting or audit experience would be a plus
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.