Our client, a boutique advisory firm that provides specialized financial and accounting due diligence serves related to mergers and acquisitions is looking for a new team member. The firm performs due diligence and accounting, data analysis and balance sheet investigations for their clients, which cover a broad range of private equity funds, private investors, lenders and corporate clients. They have been growing for over a decade, and have an impressive roster of clients, which allows them to work on much bigger and more complex deals than boutique firms typically are asked to participate in.
They are seeking a motivated, team-oriented Senior Associate to join their Team. The ideal candidate will have a foundation in transaction services and/or audit with a public accounting firm and be interested in analysis, deals and due diligence. Successful candidates need to be intellectually curious, hardworking and collaborative. They need to have a very strong understanding of Financial Statements and GAAP reporting and should have advanced excel skills or be committed to becoming an advanced user.
* Analyze and review target company financial statements and assess earnings/EBITDA validity, cash flows, financial position, and general financial soundness.
* Manage day-to-day communication with senior members of the internal team, acquisition targets and clients.
* Routinely work with Excel and create often complex and sophisticated Excel deliverables.
* Work on multiple deals at once; multitask and be willing to jump into new challenges and work. Time management and organization is key.
* Synthesize data effectively and be able to tell the story in the numbers.
* Collaborate with clients to set up data rooms
* Prepare PowerPoint presentations of findings for clients.
* Finance, Accounting or Economics Degree.
* 2+ years professional experience in a related field
* Strong foundation of financial and quantitative analysis.
* Strong strategic, analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
* Dynamic, highly motivated person, who works well as a team member, easily cultivates relationships with colleagues, and can work independently.
* Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented.
* Produces deliverables that are accurate and timely.
* Very strong understanding of Financial Statements and GAAP reporting.
* Knowledge of transaction services/M&A due diligence, audit and/or private equity consulting.
* Great command of the Microsoft Office Suite; particularly in EXCEL (use of advanced functions is a must)
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.