Job Number: 2171027
Sr. Materials Buyer /Planner Department
- Participating in cross-functional teams, sourcing suppliers, implementing and administering supply agreements for assigned commodities, reducing cost through better inventory management and effective negotiating, and delivering on time performance.
- Evaluate MRP on a weekly basis, generates and expedites purchase orders based on quantity, cost and delivery date requirements.
- Regularly communicate with key personnel and line managers in planning, procurement and inventory control to ensure manufacturing schedules are met and delays are avoided.
- Work with S&R and QC groups to resolve issues with missing documents, out-of specification or other hold ups in receiving incoming raw materials and components.
- Monitor manufacturing reports for any schedule changes to adjust raw materials and packaging component orders as needed.
- This position requires accuracy, critical thinking, and frequent interactions with all departments internally, as well as with external clients and vendors.
- Required technical competencies include purchasing, scheduling techniques, materials requirements planning (MRP), inventory management, risk management and supplier relationship management.
- Knowledge of ERP systems such as Oracle or SAP in a manufacturing environment. Working knowledge of cGMP practices and of manufacturing process flow. Strong problem solving and decision making, teamwork and collaboration, planning and organizing and conflict management skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, awareness of the need of others, HRJDMS-MBP092418 integrity, strong work ethic and continuous learning. Motivated, self-starter with ability to work independently on multiple assignments in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred and 5+ years of experience in procurement and planning is required.
- Previous purchasing and planning experience in cosmetic, food or pharma industries preferred.
- Association memberships or certifications are a plus.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.