Senior Corp Accounting Analyst - SEC & Technical Accounting
- Location: Santa Clara
- Salary: Negotiable per year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 11 days ago
Job Number: 2166883
Senior Corporate Accounting Analyst
Santa Clara, CA (Hybrid)
As a key member of the Corporate Accounting team, the Senior Technical Accountant will be working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment building relationships within the corporate accounting team in the U.S. and worldwide, and with the larger organization (e.g. Treasury, Tax, FP&A, SEC Reporting, Internal Audit, etc.). The Senior Technical Accountant will be responsible for leading the monthly worldwide close and consolidation, including ensuring corporate accounting is technically accurate and complete, ensuring worldwide consolidations are prepared accurately and timely, providing technical guidance, and ensuring complex accounting transactions are recorded accurately and timely in the general ledger in accordance with US GAAP.
This is an exciting role with vast educational opportunities. It has a good mix of technical accounting and operational accounting exposure, and provides great experience working directly with the senior leadership team (Controller, CAO, CFO).
· Responsible for leading the monthly corporate worldwide financial close activities, including technical accounting and operations related journal entries and account reconciliations. Prepare journal entries related to significant higher risk accounts.
· Assess technical accounting issues for appropriate financial treatment in the global financial statements.
· Ensure worldwide consolidations are prepared accurately and timely.
· Ensure appropriate functional currency determinations and worldwide FX questions are resolved in partnership with Treasury and Tax.
· Prepare financial reporting information for monthly results review meeting with the CFO and CEO.
· Responsible for SOX compliance activities, including executing internal controls.
· Prepare or supervise the preparation of various financial analyses.
· Develop and maintain excellent positive working relationship with the external auditors.
· Accounting degree.
· CPA preferred.
· 3-7 years of accounting experience, with a minimum 3 years Big 4 public accounting base.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Semiconductor experience a plus.
· A team player who is an effective oral and written communicator.
· Written analyses and presentations are clear, concise, and reflect polish and precision.
· A go-getter with a positive can-do attitude, sense of humor, and a roll-up-my-sleeves mentality: no ivory tower candidates need apply.
· Possess energy and passion for your work and a genuine interest in accounting.
· Your ultimate priority is to help ensure that the organization has accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting.
· Accurate, thorough, with strong attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership. Someone who consistently goes the extra mile.
· A problem solver who is collaborative, proactive, responsive, and reliable.
· Agility to change and think on your feet.
· Creative person with strong interpersonal skills and ability to contribute to our culture.
· Takes a customer service oriented approach.
· Strong organizational skills.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.