Senior Financial Analyst
- Location: Sunnyvale, Santa Clara County, California
- Salary: Negotiable per year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted about 2 months ago
Job Number: 2160110
The Sr. Financial Analyst is a key member of the Corporate Finance team, reporting to the Senior Corporate FP&A Manager. This position will act as direct business partner with business leaders and is responsible for development of accurate headcount, expense and capital budgets/forecasts, month-end FP&A close activities, and management reporting.
Additionally, the role partners with the leadership teams in supporting business decision making by providing financial analysis and accurate forecasting explaining the business results.
A strong teammate, the owner of this role brings business acumen, analytical power and a results-oriented mentality. High sense of integrity, good communication skills, great attention to detail and a proven ability to work with senior leaders are essential qualities for a successful candidate
· Evaluate results to plan, drive variance analysis and provide partnership to HR, Legal, DBS, and Business Transformation and other G&A business leaders to execute on plan; analyze historical, current, and projected financial data for use in planning, forecasting, and management decision making.
· Perform in-depth financial & operational analysis and quarterly/annual forecast modeling, including operating expenses, headcount and capital, to accelerate future business planning decisions for HR, Legal, DBS, and Business Transformation and other G&A business leaders.
· Establish a regular cadence with business partners to review monthly actuals, analyze forecast variance, identify trends and provide recommendations to drive forecast execution and accuracy.
· Actively participate in cross-functional projects designed to solve business problems and improve profitability.
· Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end FP&A close activities, including preparation of journal entries, and forecast activities related to headcount, capital, consulting and operating expenses.
· Review the purchase requisitions in iBuy to validate the proper funding and accuracy of GL accounts and cost centers.
· B.S degree in finance, accounting, economics or equivalent
· 5 years of relevant financial planning and analysis experience
· Understand standard accounting principles and policy and get along with global accounting and financial partners to maintain accurate financial processes, procedures and controls.
· Advanced user in MS Excel
· Experience in iBuy and SAP and OneStream preferred. Experience in BPC preferred, but not required
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.