Job Number: 2160351
Senior Financial Analyst R&D
This position will act as business partner with various R&D functional leaders and is responsible for the development of accurate headcount, expense, and capital budgets/forecasts, new product development analysis, financial statistic calculation, month-end FP&A close activities, and management reporting.
The role partners with the R&D leadership teams to support sound business decision making by providing insightful financial analysis and accurate forecasting/planning.
The owner of this role brings business acumen, analytical power, a results and process-improvement mentality.
A successful candidate executes with a high sense of integrity, good communication skills, great attention to detail and a proven ability to work with business partners and leaders.
This role will be instrumental in improving the management and corporate reporting processes, systems and analytics for respective business partners and senior management at the Company and Parent Company.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES - may include, but not limited to:
- Partner with R&D functional management to coordinate and develop the annual operating budget and monthly forecasts, financial and operational analysis and modeling, including operating expenses, headcount and capital expenditures.
- Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end FP&A close activities, including preparation of journal entries, and forecast activities related to Headcount, capital, facilities and operating expenses.
- Establish a regular cadence with business partners to review monthly actuals, analyze variances, identify historical trends and provide recommendations to drive forecast execution and accuracy. Prepare, analyze and distribute functional and internal management reports.
- Participate in new product development financial analysis and reporting.
- Responsible for timely and accurate financial statistics calculation and submission.
- Publish monthly and quarterly standard business performance reports, statistics, and ad hoc analysis.
- Understand standard accounting principles and policy and interact with global accounting and financial partners to maintain proper financial processes, procedures and controls.
- Actively participate in cross-functional projects designed to solve business problems and improve efficiency and profitability.
- Conduct ad-hoc planning and analysis to support the business and senior management.
- Interact with the broader FP&A and Accounting community in support of continuous process improvements including business systems and process improvement projects.
- Education and Experience (in years):
- B.S. degree in finance, accounting, economics or equivalent
- 5-7 years of financial planning and analysis experience
- Goal / results-oriented team player with demonstrated success working effectively across different departments.
- Strong communication and partnership skills with ability to build and convey business insight
- Energetic, dynamic individual with hands on mentality
- High attention to detail and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Self-starter able to prioritize given responsibilities
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls
- Advanced user in MS Excel
- Experience in SAP and BPC &/or OneStream preferred
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.