Job Number: 2168868
A well-established growing company located in the Fremont Area is looking for a Senior Manager of Accounting. This role will be 100% onsite and is on a Temp to Hire basis. As a Senior Manager of Accounting you will be responsible for the areas of General Ledger and Accounting, Month End Close process, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll.
This position will report to the Controller
- General Ledger, journal entries, month-end close process, account reconciliation for 4 separate entities, prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP, assist Controller with month-over-month or budget vs. actual analysis and work with budget/department management on reporting and variance research
- Fixed asset accounting and tracking
- Billing, A/R, Cash Applications, Credit/Collections
- Accounts Payable (procure-to-pay process)
- Ensure payroll is adhering to Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA), s well as Federal and State payroll laws
- Sales and Use Taxes
- Treasury and cash flow management. Interact with banking relationships; assist with monthly covenant compliance reporting with creditors, and oversee and advise on cash flow matters
- Manage all audits including but not limited to payroll, taxes, insurance, union, and lender covenant/compliance audits
- Assist in Income Taxes preparation work as requested by outside 3rd party
- Responsible for all financial systems and accounting controls within area of responsibility
- Special Projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- CPA highly desired
- Minimum 7 years accounting experience with at least 3 years of experience as Accounting Manager
- Construction industry or professional service industry experience desired
- Business and customer focused
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Good presentation skills
- Able to lead, coach and train others
- Proven ability to create and maintain policies and procedures
- System experience: MS Office Suite, must have strong Excel skills
- ERP system experience, required
- Sage Intacct system experience is a plus
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.