Senior Marketing Manager - New Product Dev.
- Location: Jersey City
- Salary: Negotiable per year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted about 1 month ago
Job Number: 2162061
Seeking an ambitious Senior Marketing Manager for New Product Development with adult beverage experience to join an amazing employer.
This full-time marketing position will be responsible for bringing to life new-to-world brands, soliciting / integrating agency brands, and assisting the brand team with line extensions/pack refreshed for established brands. The senior innovation manager will also develop launch plans and fully manage these new brands until outside of NPD process.
· Develop and build out New Product Development Process, including gate checks, creating a universally used NPD structure and approach corporately
· Follow trends and industry news to establish a good pulse on market needs (data mining)
· Develop and foster relationship cross functionally to have connections to the sources for materials needed (dry goods suppliers, liquid suppliers. Etc.) to bring projects to life
· Organize and manage the innovation project pipeline and timeline from initial concepts to execution: build brand identities, organize pricing, research competitive sets, organize launch timing, source new samples, work with designer on packaging design, etc.
· Manage the brands and execute strategic initiatives until no longer in "launch" mode, including transitioning the project to new key stakeholder
· Collaborate with Brand Managers on item line extensions and pack refreshes; provide commercial insights and strategic needs on existing brands in coordination with brand teams
· Vet potential new opportunities including agency brands, new categories, etc.
· Fill pipeline with innovation projects to keep a consistent rotation of new items planned for future launches & evaluate market needs with projects currently in the works to determine allocation of time and resources
· Work with Director of Marketing & Brand Team on strategic and tactical planning/execution
· A minimum of 5+ years relevant experience in BevAlc space with experience launching new items in the Wine & Spirits sector
· Relevant experience such as Brand Management needed with history of new product launches.
· Project Management experience or technical BevAlc experience in liquid or packaging R+D a plus.
· Exceptional communication and writing skills with strong attention to details
· Excellent organizational and project management skills
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.