Job Number: 2164366
Senior SEC and Technical Accounting Manager
Fremont, CA (Hybrid 3 days in office)
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, this is very much a "hands on" accounting role with interaction with different departments (accounting operations, tax, legal, FP&A, and treasury) and a high level of visibility within the organization. This includes being the process owner of technical accounting, SEC reporting, accounting policies update, lead and resolve technical accounting and reporting issues, monitoring and help to implement new accounting standards and drafting technical accounting policies and memos on accounting positions.
- Strong understanding and application of US GAAP on all major accounting areas, especially around leases, debt accounting, stock-based compensation, goodwill and intangibles impairment assessment, segment reporting, EPS, investments, pension, cash flows and business combination; specifically, around valuation of goodwill/intangibles and purchase price accounting.
- Lead and manage the process of actively updating and maintaining accounting policies and working closely with process owners to update policy to reflect or improve process and ensure compliance with GAAP;
- Lead the technical accounting function except for taxes. Perform technical research on complex accounting issues, including drafting memos and position papers, and provide accounting consultation advice to business partners under US GAAP;
- Owner of the Company's financial reporting process, including external quarterly and annual reporting SEC filings (Form 10-Q, 10-K), earnings release reporting (Form 8-K, supplemental slides, and script review), other SEC filings (e.g. Form 8-K, Proxy), quarterly audit committee and board reporting materials and other ad-hoc reporting as required.
- In-house expert and owner of the Company's XBRL reporting process.
- Prepare month- and quarter-end close activities for specific accounting areas;
- Maintain adequate controls to ensure the accuracy and completeness of internal and external reports, including taking ownership for the tie-out and review process of all reports.
- Interface effectively with numerous individuals both inside and outside the Company, including the external auditors, to address and resolve accounting issues.
- Manage the expenses for third party vendors associated reporting and compliance function
- Process manage equity administration function outsourced to a third party vendor.
- Lead one-off technical accounting projects or respond to ad-hoc reporting requests as needed.
Skills You Need to Succeed:
- Equity Edge, Workiva (Wdesk) or DFIN and XBRL experience required
- Knowledge of NetSuite
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting regulations
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement.
- Ability to multi-task, plan, execute and deliver on projects in a timely manner.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office applications (excel, word, power point) required to succeed in the role.
- Detailed and results oriented and able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- CPA strongly preferred. and CFA is recommended.
- At least 8+ years of relevant financial reporting experience with a mixture of both industry and public accounting experience, primarily for publicly traded companies
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.