Job Number: 2161321
Senior Software Engineer - Backend Engineering
- Build infrastructure, tools and techniques to reduce the operational burden
- Identify operational patterns and automate them
- Build infrastructure and tools to seamlessly integrate with rest of infrastructure for major data migrations
- Automate and enhance self-serve features to Data Platform products to increase
- developer productivity of the team and have them focus on building new high leverage features
- This role will help the team in handling day-to-day user support (for normal PST business hours) and participate in automating (implement features to make these user supports easy) frequently needed operations.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in building and operating scalable infrastructure and
- distributed systems.
- You are passionate about making platform experience better for users. You are prompt
- and efficient in handling user requests and identify ways to improve the operability of
- the platform.
- You are an experienced Java developer.
- You have knowledge of Java, Python, OOP patterns, multi-threading,
- REST/RPC/GRPC frameworks.
- You have experience with DI frameworks, preferably SpringBoot and Guice.
- You have experience working with containers.
- You have experience building, managing distributed datastores like Apache
- Cassandra, or Memcached or Elasticsearch or Kafka
- Experience working on AWS ecosystem such as EC2, S3, and SQS
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.