Job Number: 2173712
Job Title: Service Associate
Location: Tracy, CA
Pay Range: $29/hr-$29/hr
Shift Hours: Monday - Friday ~2pm - 10:30PM- Tracy
Team is looking for a Service Associate to support daily fleet operations. In this role, you will be responsible for the daily upkeep of the vehicles with tasks such as cleaning and fueling and ensuring the test site is organized and presentable for operations. Within the BaseOps team, you will help ensure the vehicles meet regulatory requirements per the provided guidance. You will also support our parts team in organizing and transporting spare parts inventory. Additionally, you will help our driving team, Alpha Operations, with their operational testing needs.
- Supporting company milestones and optimizing drive operations across multiple locations.
- Ensure the vehicles, equipment, and workplace are clean and ready for use.
- Provide logistical support for the movement and storage of vehicles and equipment.
- Assist with paperwork and documentation related to vehicle readiness.
- Perform routine fueling and charging of our test vehicles and supporting equipment.
- Execute mission prep procedures, which include, but are not limited to launching software across several devices per vehicle, verifying SW and HW configurations, capturing requested data, and escalating issues as they arise.
- Support the readiness of spare parts and the associated inventory.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items around.
- Ability to go up and down stairs, as well as stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, kneel, and reach during shifts.
- Provide hands-on technical support to the BaseOps technicians. (fluid changes, part replacements, wiring checks, etc)
- General testing support (documentation, pre-mission assistance, cone courses, obstacles, traffic control, support vehicle driving).
- 2 - 4 years of work experience
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean/excellent driving record.
- Possess a "get it done" attitude and a sense of urgency to resolve problems and tasks.
- Must have the proven ability to problem solve and deliver on high-pressure situations.
- Must have the proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deliverables.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Technical trade school certificate or Associate Degree in automotive repair
- Proficiency with Jira/Confluence
- Proficiency with MS Office/Google Suites
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.