Job Number: 2159282
The Service Repair Technician will work under general supervision and follow oral and/or written instructions, and performs repair and testing processes to produce tested electro-mechanical assemblies or associated sub-assemblies.
Core Job Responsibilities - (Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following):
- Performs simple and complex repairs on RMA assemblies.
- Provide assistance with failure analysis of RMAs and properly documents findings.
- Install and upgrade new firmware and product software.
- Performs tasks in preparation for repair and testing. Is able to verify assembly documentation accuracy, read engineering drawings etc.
- Sets up, operates and maintains machines/equipment/fixtures needed to perform repair and testing processes.
- Provide detailed symptom descriptions for failure uncovered during functional test and calibration to assist in component-level troubleshooting.
- Communicates status of testing with supervisor and other departments as necessary.
- Conducts complex quality inspection of own or others work to insure workmanship standards are met.
- Properly completes manufacturing documentation and helps maintain its accuracy. Initiates material request (MTs), reports quality issues (process logs) and records transactions in SAP as needed to preserve traceability.
- Follows all corporate, safety and production procedures and regulations and maintains a clean and orderly workstation. Assures that his/her group adheres to company standards and regulations.
- Maintain accuracy of material transactions and cycle count raw material, sub-assemblies and work-in-progress material on the line. Accurately determine and report shortages
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Maintains an excellent attendance record.
Required Experiences and Qualifications:
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent experience or training.
- 3 years of minimum experience as a technician for a medical device company or complex electromechanical capital equipment manufacturer.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Familiarity with anti-static/ESD principles and controls.
- Comprehension in reading mechanical drawings and technical writing.
- Ability to understand detailed schematics, system interconnect diagrams, and test procedures.
- Adept at working in group settings or individually with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Has a positive attitude and is flexible to changes in work assignment.
- Trade school, junior college certification in appropriate program or military specialist training (preferred)
- Preferred: ERP experience (SAP or QAD)
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.