Job Number: 2163121
Job Title: Sr HR Business Partner
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Sr HR Business Partner Responsibilities:
Sr HR Business Partner Requirements:
- Consults with various levels of management within the business unit to provide Human Resources (HR) guidance in analyzing trends to support goals and objectives for the business unit and participates in the leadership meeting(s) of the business unit as a trusted partner. Consults with varying levels of management and leverages metrics; in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies to align the workforce to the Bank and the business units goals
- Partners with management on new hires, promotions/transfers, and terminations and provides input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning to support Bank and business unit goals and objectives.
- Works with varying levels of management to coach and develop leaders to continuously grow their leadership capabilities and leverages across the HR function to support this development.
- Resolves complex employee relations issues and conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, drive culture and morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance while providing HR policy guidance and interpretation. Partners with legal department as needed.
- Will be assigned tasks in support of the HR Advisory team, some examples may include: reporting, management of the labor law poster program for the Bank, and unemployment filings for the Bank.
- Leads or supports projects within the department and/or the Bank to improve effectiveness of department operations and how support is provided to the Bank management and employees.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in progressively responsible HR roles with experience in providing strategic support to a business unit and resolving complex employee relations issues and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, diversity and inclusion, performance management, and talent management. SHRM Certified Professional
- (SHRM-CP), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential, Human Resources Certification Institute Professional in Human Resources (HRCI-PHR), or Human Resources Certification Institute Senior Professional in Human Resources (HRCI-SPHR) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Prior HR support in the Banking industry is preferred.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.