Job Number: 2163954
Sr Human Resource Manager
Morgan Hill, CA
The Human Resources Manager provides leadership in developing and executing oversight of various programs within the department and across the organization. This position works closely with company executive management to support and meet long-term business objectives and initiatives.
The Human Resource Manager will provide business-focused HR expertise to ensure professional staffing services and solutions. The successful candidate will be essential for the company's timely achievement of the rapid growth in the team that is required to scale up to the opportunity and challenge of increased customer demand. This is an exciting time to join our well-established company serving the global healthcare industry with innovative products which benefit patients around the world each and every day.
- Plan, develop, revise, implement, maintain, and monitor HR strategies, policies, procedures, and programs to ensure standardization and compliance to applicable federal, state, and corporate requirements.
- Establish, define, and revise human resources functions, including record keeping, hiring, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, employee relations to meet Company policies and applicable legal requirements.
- Develops, recommends, and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures under the direction of Executive Management.
- Recommends and implements changes to staffing and budgets to meet all company goals
- Develop and Recruit employees that are aligned and inspired towards the company's goals along with creating a safe and desirable workplace for everyone.
- Direct the design and administration of Company's pre-employment screening and new hire processing.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Oversee and manage HR vendor relationships
- Direct the design and administration of benefit programs to include medical, dental, LTD. STD, Life Insurance, and 401K plans - as applicable.
- Direct and establish processes and procedures to comply with Affordable Care Act and other government programs requiring human resource information such as loan programs, employee retention credit programs, and communicating with various other governmental agencies requiring human resource information from the company.
- Oversee the design, development and preparation of benefit related reports. Assist with budget preparation including compiling participation, utilizations and claims data.
- Develop, identify and ensure compliance with all legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the Human resource function, including but not limited to: OSHA, EEO, EDD, TEFRA ERISA and Wage and Hourly employee compensation
- Establish processes regarding leave of absence, FMLA, and Disability claims with employees and service providers.
- Conduct and resolve investigations regarding employee complaints and concerns. Resolves employee relations issues according to Company policies and applicable legal requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing HR department and practices in a senior role within an organization. Knowledge of regulations, hiring, compensation and benefits, and employee relations practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or related field, Master's is a plus
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Full-cycle recruitment experience required; specific expertise in the areas of sourcing, recruiting, and relationship management preferred.
- Highly developed interviewing/behavioral assessment techniques, and creative sourcing experience.
- Excellent consulting and coaching skills, management skills and business acumen
- Experience developing company human resources strategies and implementing comprehensive human resource policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, inter-personal skills, and the ability to work well with others.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.