Job Number: 2159308
We are supporting a client that is seeking a Senior Manager of Revenue reporting directly to the Controller. This position will lead revenue recognition, commissions and other deal-related finance & accounting support for a rapidly growing technology company.
- Partner with sales, operations and legal teams to determine the appropriate revenue recognition treatment for all new product and service introductions, new pricing and promotional models, and new go-to-market strategies.
- Oversee the sales commission process, provide input into annual sales incentive design, and manage commission analysts.
- Maintain a lead role in the quarterly revenue forecasting process for a growing technology company.
- Lead month end and quarter end close related to Revenue and Commissions areas, including hands-on responsibilities and deliverables.
- Lead, mentor, and develop the technical and operational skills of a team of revenue and compensation analysts and managers.
- Establish and maintain appropriate revenue policies & procedures and ensure they are applied appropriately.
- Develop and maintain appropriate internal controls, collaborating with external auditors as required.
- Lead projects related to financial systems and business processes including implementing an automated commissions system.
- Be a change agent for implementing new ideas and process improvements in an increasingly complex environment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA or BS in finance or accounting.
- CPA and public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in revenue and managing teams; experience supporting sales operations and revenue forecasting highly desired.
- Strong working knowledge and extensive hands-on experience in the practical application of revenue recognition guidance.
- Hardware/software revenue recognition experience at a successful public technology company is desired.
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership for projects and drive to completion.
- Experience in a fast changing, fast-paced multi-national company.
- Excellent teamwork, including the ability to interact with all organization levels.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.