Sr. Mechanical Engineer
- Location: Fremont
- Salary: US$140000.00 - US$170000.00 per year year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 7 months ago
Job Number: 2164539
Our Client is a leading manufacturer of high-tech, cost-effective equipment for transforming surfaces, materials, and interfaces at the nanoscale.
Their industry-leading technologies and capital equipment products are driving innovation in a wide range of exciting and growing markets. They look forward to talking with smart, energetic, team-oriented people who can grow with us. They provide competitive salary and benefits (including employee stock ownership), a beautiful light-filled new facility in a central location, and some of the best co-workers you'll find anywhere. If this appeals to you, please read on!
Duties & Responsibilities
· Provides system architecture leadership of chambers and systems for life sciences, semiconductor, biotech, AR/VR, and other markets.
· Provides leadership to guide engineering teams in the design tradeoffs through prototype, build, and test cycles.
· Leads projects with notable complexity & risk; develops top level design strategy for product developments.
· Works with multi physics modeling team to analyze performance and design tradeoffs.
· Resolves design problems associated with product performance in engineering, manufacturing, and the field.
· Interfaces with internal and external customers regarding significantly complex engineering issues, to address customers' High Value Problems (HVP) for a range of products.
· Works with appropriate departments to ensure that design specifications meet or exceed all applicable regulatory standards.
· Problem identification and troubleshooting of a wide range of complex engineering problems.
· Prioritizes and manages multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
· Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
· 10-15+ years' experience in related engineering field with increasing scope complexity
· Experience in capital equipment industry - semiconductor, biotech, life sciences
· Self-motivated, with the ability to work in a fast-paced thriving environment with minimal direction
· Proficient in SolidWorks
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Versatility, flexibility, and global development experience
· Acute attention to detail
· Proven ability to handle complex projects and meet deadlines
· Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
· Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
· Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and mentor others
· Regarded as a technical expert in their field
· Proficient in the use of SolidWorks PDM
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.