Job Number: 2173423
Sr. Operations Manager
- Exhibit strong managerial and leadership skills for movement, shipping and receiving of all products.
- Lead the team to reach all performance goals and ongoing efficiency and productivity improvement.
- Evaluate efficiency of best practices based upon our company objectives; offer and implement improvements.
- Strategic management as to the development of departmental metrics, operations and staff.
- Manages the operations of a high-volume distribution center, including vehicle fleet and cross-dock locations.
- Develops and maintains and intimate knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems and RoadNet systems
- Manages security and maintenance of facilities.
- Manages logistics of supply chain of incoming product, material handling and inventory control, cycle counts, picking, shipping, route management, and delivery.
- Manage on-time and cost-saving delivery of orders in collaboration with sales/brand management teams.
- Support all customers (including Accounts Receivables, Customer Service, Logistics, Sales Support, Compliance, Brand Management).
- Assures all operations follow safety protocols (i.e., forklift training, safety meetings) and comply with OSHA, DOT and all other local, state, or federal governmental requirements.
- Manages Inventory to meet customer requirements, order fill, capacity planning, deployment.
- Participates in the planning of annual capital and operational expense budgets.
- Meets agreed upon operational and financial goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
Typical Working Environment:
Office and warehouse environment. Occasional loud noise, temperature extremes, occasional extended days, and frequent overnight travel by automobile or commercial airplane.
Stand up & Sit-down forklifts, RF Scanner guns, computer, telephone, printer/scanner.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Expertise in operational principles, including employee management, finance, customer service, production.
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills, with previous professional success.
- Knowledge of data analysis and performance indicators using business management software.
- Ability to streamline /implement structures and roles that increase efficiency and speed while supporting rapidly shifting business demands
- The ability to proficiently use personal computers and intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word) applications.
- Valid Driver's License
Preferred Skill's & Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Logistics or similar OR 10+ years' experience in Distribution/Transportation operations.
- Experienced in automated distribution environment.
- Experience in developing budgets and business plans.
- Knowledge and experience with warehouse equipment and management software.
- Understanding and experience with Apprise (ERP/WMS)
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.