Job Number: 2163818
Our client located in San Mateo is currently seeking a Payroll Associate. We are seeking a candidate with 2-3 years payroll experience and is familiar with union payroll. If you are looking for a new opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
- We're looking for top-notch professionals to join our global team.
- If you're interested in being a part of our journey and helping us grow to become the leading provider of SoC platform solutions, we want to hear from you.
- Review and monitor payroll tax and benefits information and ensure accurate year-end reporting on all required forms (i.e. Form W-2, 1095 / 1094, and 1042-S); Serve as the main contact for annual audits pertaining to payroll and expense reimbursements; Manage local, state, federal tax reporting; Prepare amendments and follow up to resolve tax issues; Prepare all year-end reporting including balancing and updates of 401(k), HSAs, FSAs, etc.
- Strong knowledge of CA Labor Law regarding time and attendance including overtime and wage and hour laws; Planning and Organization: Strong organizational abilities, with close attention to detail and precision.
- Able to set priorities, meet deadlines, and solve administrative problems in a professional manner.
- Able to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and able to develop recommendations on resolutions, and in adherence to applicable compliance-related rules and regulations.
- Strong process orientation with an ability to set priorities, analyze and resolve problems, and make decisions in a timely fashion; Independence / Initiative: Able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team.
- Demonstrated initiative and thorough and timely follow-through; Interpersonal Skills / Communications: Able to communicate status, issues, and payroll information clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to keep the information confidential.
- Strong customer service focus with an ability to interact congenially and effectively with a diversity of people; An individual with high ethical standards and good judgment; Computer Skills: Strong ability with spreadsheets, computer applications such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and ADP Workforce Now. Experience with larger ERP systems, preferably Oracle.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.