Job Number: 2168222
We are a well-established, locally owned and operated company looking for an Accounting Assistant/Office Administrator to handle all functions of accounting and office management in this full-time position. The ideal candidate would bring construction industry contracts payable and compliance experience. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized and detail oriented, have extensive Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office knowledge used in a construction industry environment, great customer service skills, excellent phone skills, an upbeat personality, and have a full understanding of accounting principles.
- Construction Accounting skills that enable work to be completed efficiently and accurately
- Problem-solving skills and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Dependable and able to commit to extra hours when needed to make deadlines
- Ability to interact with individuals from various backgrounds
- Be a team player with the desire to support the commitments of the business and coworkers
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a recent Office Manager/Bookkeeper position
- Strong knowledge of construction accounting principles, practices, and procedures
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Professional attitude and presentation
- Proficient in computer programs, such as Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft team, Excel and Word. Ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Knowledge of "Foundation" construction accounting system would be a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Profit sharing- SEP IRA
- Comprehensive coverage- health, dental, vision, flex spending
- Paid time off and Paid holidays
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.