Supply Chain Manager
- Location: Rohnert Park, Sonoma, California
- Salary: Negotiable per year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 22 days ago
Job Number: 2161137
Our client is seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join their company.
* Sources and procures goods and services of a commodity nature from many suppliers.
* Initiates Requests for Quotations and Proposals and receives same, analyzing proposed pricing from potential suppliers. In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
* Works with customers to ensure specifications are appropriate for the services or products required.
* Identifies opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted negotiations. Issues purchase orders.
* Manage offshore production of purchases, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
* Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
* Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
* Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed. Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
* Bachelor's degree with 3 year of related experience; or 5 years of professional experience in the fields of Supply Chain, Business Management, Logistics, or other related field in lieu of degree
* Ability to secure offshore manufacturing of products.
* Proficient with using Microsoft Excel or Word
* Proactive, self-directed and can take instruction and act
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.