Support Services Clerk
- Location: Newark
- Salary: US$25.00 - US$28.00 per hour
- Job Type:Temporary
Posted 24 days ago
Job Number: 2176882
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. Contractors must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient's rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings. Contractors must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the C-I-CARE Standards of the Hospital. C-I-CARE is the foundation of Stanford's patient-experience and represents a framework for patient-centered interactions.
· Work through incoming scanned documentation in OnBase to categorize and attach to Patient Account in Epic
· Manage incoming mail
· Pickup and deliver incoming and outgoing mail from the mailroom
· Work returned checks and document in Epic accordingly
· Sort incoming mail and identify those that should be scanned, or delivered to appropriate department
· Perform necessary document sorting for incoming mail from USPS, interoffice, Fedex, UPS, etc.
· Manage return mail for claims and credit teams
· Receive live checks and send out to lockboxes for deposit
· Support small to large scale printing tasks
· Printing appeal letters that must be submitted hard copy, and mailing to appropriate location
· Printing medical record requests and supporting documentation from PAR and mailing to appropriate location
· Prepare outgoing mail - stuff, seal, and stamp envelopes. Outgoing mail can be through USPS, FedEx, UPS, interoffice, etc.
· Support revenue cycle teams in daily course of work for all processes that require printing, mailing, scanning, or faxing.
· Identify processes and procedures that need review to improve efficiency.
· Adhere to company policy concerning correct business procedures in the workplace.
· Assist developing and updating a procedure manual for the support unit.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· This position requires continuous walking from location to location
· Employee may frequently be asked to bend and stoop, stand, complete repetitive movements, lift moderate weight (up to 50 lbs.) or utilize the hand or finger to pick up or grasp items.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.