Job Number: 2160138
Tasting Room Manager
Looking for an energetic, fun spirted, hands on leader with a strong management and business development background to join a growing team!
Compensation: To $100K plus benefits including 401K
The Hospitality (Tasting Room) Manager is responsible for the innovative, safe and profitable operation of our Tasting Room including hospitality experiences, retail operations, and events. Provides input on strategic vision for sales generation and achieving goals by providing leadership to the staff; monitors cash flow, inventory, expenditures and revenues through budget preparation and monitoring; responsible for visitor center inventory and non-wine items. Implements strategic vision through education, culture and sales products and services.
- Leads and directs the activities of the Hospitality team and assists with managing all evets to achieve business priorities: consumer acquisition, club memberships, profit generation and brand promotion.
- Continual development of staff to focus on fostering a culture of innovation, individual responsibility, superior customer service to retain and grow staff in their current positions. Develop staff to be able to transfer to other functions or be promoted within the organization.
- Responsible for staff hiring, orientation training, development, supervision and performance evaluation.
- Establishes an atmosphere of innovative, engaged teamwork, continual education and warm positive employee relations and a customer service orientated team. Actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Schedule's routine staff meetings to communicate company news, sales/service goals status, safety training and invite team ideas.
- Provides day-to-day guidance to ensure that staff operates according to approachable luxury standards for elevated customer service and that the company policies and procedures are understood and lived by all staff members.
- Manages daily, weekly, and monthly incentives for employees.
- Carries out Profit & Loss (P&L) responsibilities; participates in sales and income goals generation. Implements and evaluates Hospitality sales performance to goals, including tracking and analysis of variance and projecting forecasts.
- Implements strategic plan in conjunction with Management for the selection of retail merchandise. Track's sales activities of retail merchandise to determine reorder or replacement of items as they deplete and reports back to procurement.
- Manages Inventory hospitality and onsite wine club pickup. Performs monthly inventory reconciliation of physical stock. Manages daily inventory/audit of retail stock (food & wine) and gift merchandise. Conducts daily counts of inventory at opening and closing and re-orders wine weekly as needed.
- Experience working in a fast paced hospitality environment including wine, beer, hotel or restaurant industries.