Job Number: 2166268
Searching for a Technical Program Manager for Materials Science & Engineering in the Bay Area.
- Autonomously manage development of various raw material development initiatives (plastics, coatings, textiles, adhesives, new material initiatives) and drive the overall tactical execution and strategy of the team.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to execute tactical solutions to materials development risks and issues to meet schedule milestones, cost, and development.
- Provide clear communication to cross-functional team leads and senior management regarding material development status, resource requirements, issues, and priorities. Proactively identify risks, prioritize them, and create plans to resolve in a timely manner.
- Interface between vendors and materials engineers driving multiple configs and multiple ongoing material projects
- Proactively implement process improvements to streamline materials development and sustainability initiatives.
- Define and manage project schedules and budgets from inception to completion.
- Represent the team in critical meetings to track actions, milestones and deliverables.
- Vendor liaison administration duties such as budget, SOW, PO management and vendor enrollment.
- Scoping and drive forward sustainability opportunities collaboratively with design team and material engineers
- Some international travel may be required to support materials engineering activities with vendors (post COVID)
- BS/MS degree in ME, Materials Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years practical engineering experience including vendor development/ management and technical program management experience developing high volume consumer electronics products through the entire life cycle.
- Proven ability to multitask, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, proactively solve problems and accomplish challenging objectives with a minimum of direction.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of engineering properties of plastics, textiles, coatings, metals, adhesives and other materials
- Experience documenting material-specific design, test, and manufacturing requirements
- Familiarity with Manufacturing processes used for the aforementioned areas of materials
- Knowledge of vendor relations and working with vendors (raw material as well as converters) in Asia.
- Experience working with multiple disciplines such as Material Science Engineers, Industrial Design, Color, Materials & Finish (CMF), Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain, and Operations.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.