Job Number: 2166801
Technical Publication & Training Manager
As Technical Publication & Training Manager, you will create and maintain manuals, bulletins, campaigns, and training material. These product and service literatures will be elaborative for ease of understanding to targeted users and may include flow diagrams, work instructions, assembly/service instructions, quality control instructions necessary in the distribution plant and field for effective and quality operations/repairs. You will work closely with suppliers, engineers, and field service managers/technicians to create necessary documents for current and new product maintaining accurate document revision control. You will also be responsible for creating training material and imparting training to service managers and dealer team on product.
Location: Offsite/Remote Candidates considered if willing to travel.
Excellent benefits and opportunity for growth!
- Anticipate service needs prepare organization with necessary tools, techniques, and methods
- Keep upgrading knowledge of the product and service aspects and create knowledge articles need based
- Collects, verifies, and organizes product technical information and data to generate product documentation including training materials, operator, and maintenance manuals, Bulletins etc.
- Coordinates activities associated with the editing, composition, preparation, and delivery of publications in accordance with applicable specifications, standards, and other requirements
- Assesses and incorporates recommended documentation corrections and changes, conducts proof reading of technical documentation to ensure accuracy
- Develops technical manuals and training material for field service manager and dealer team.
- Schedule, coordinate and impart online as well as in person trainings to ensure dealer & technicians
- Write, review service literature including operator and service manuals to ensure support & compliance
- Creating a knowledge center of product issues, and solutions including FAQ's
- Training packages include both hands-on activities and classroom instructions for installation, operation and troubleshooting of electrical and mechanical systems, etc.
- Follows internal and reference ISO standards and procedures when creating & reviewing documentation
- Performs other duties as assigned
Professional Experience & Qualifications:
- An understanding of Off-Road Vehicles, Electric Vehicles, or Automotive a plus
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers, dealers, suppliers, and internal team members.
- Business development acumen with data management is a plus.
- Electrically sound, understands how electrical systems and circuits works and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical-oriented writing and strong grammar skills.
- Must be able to express him/herself fluently and clearly in spoken and written English.
- Ability to organize information provided verbally or visually into a structured document or process flow diagram that is easy to understand and follow.
- Good visualization skills to map out processes and create visually appealing documentation
- General experience with knowledge management tools, process documentation methods, and revision control processes.
- Must be comfortable to travel to training sites / dealer locations for imparting training and support
- High energy with a sense of urgency; be resilient and self-confident
- Very high degree of customer focus.
- Proficient with MS Excel, proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience working with dealer management systems and service systems is preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.