Job Number: 2178553
Job Description - Technical Writer (2)
Pay Rate Range $50/hr-$55/hr
Based in Foster City but will need to commute to Fremont location on a weekly basis
The Technical Writer will support the team with document migration to the new Document Management System and validate data input for deviation of material. The Technical Writer will assist with document creation, document change control, and other Quality System projects. This role will collaborate with other cross-functional teams across the organization to help deliver a standardized Quality System and maintain the deviation input process.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with cross functional teams across the organization to identify and gather documents that require cleanup and migration to the new document management system.
- Review existing documents, including work instructions, procedures, and records and assess their quality, completeness, and consistency.
- Edit and proofread documents for clarity, grammar, punctuation, and adherence to templates and corporate standards.
- Ensure that documents adhere to established formatting guidelines and are presented in a consistent and professional manner.
- Assist in developing templates, guidelines, and best practices for future documentation within the new document management system.
- Collaborate with the document control team responsible for the document migration to provide guidance on document structures and organization within the new system.
- Provide training and support to users on the new document management system and the revised documentation processes as needed.
- Edit and author content using authoring tools such as Google and Microsoft Office tools to produce register content, specifications, datasheets, reports, Drawing notes (and other document types as needed).
- Responsible for creating documentation in compliance with applicable Quality System Policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative support on documentation related Quality System projects.
- Support deviation submission by reviewing data in the 3DX environment and processing them through the system.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a technical field or writing and communication field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a technical writer or an equivalent combination of education and experience (Preferred: EV/Automobile experience).
- Experience with Quality Systems in a regulated environment (Preferred ISO 9001:2015 or IATF 16949:2016).
- Proven experience as a Technical Writer or similar role, with a focus on document cleanup and migration preferred.
- Detail oriented and aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an attentive eye for detail.
- Experience with document management systems and proficiency in using tools for document editing and collaboration. Proficiency with Google Suite preferred.
- Experience with authoring and drawing tools such as Adobe Acrobat DC, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft PowerPoint, LucidChart and Google Tools, Confluence, 3DX-Enovia, Polarion, Dozuki.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and subject matter experts to gather information and clarify technical concepts.
- Knowledge of best practices in technical writing, including information design, content structure, and document formatting.
- Knowledge of Good Documentation Practices.
- Ability to work on a team with geographically distributed members.
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life AD&D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.