Job Number: 2175945
LARGE FOOD MANUFACTURER IN THE CHICAGO AREA IS SEEKING A TOTAL REWARDS MANAGER - COMPANY HAS 4 PRODUCTION PLANTS IN NORTH AMERICA!
The Total Rewards Manager is responsible for creating, evaluating and executing a detailed compensation and benefits program that is compliant, competitive and aligns with our company goals. This position reports to the Vice President of Human Resources. It is a key role that creates a Total Rewards strategy and standards, advises on how to implement the strategy at the plant level, consults and guides local HR on compensation plans and benefits execution, monitors HR performance at the plant level to ensure they adhere to corporate standards and provides feedback on HR results to the General Manager and Chief Operations Officer.
SALARY DEPENDENT UPON EXPERIENCE - FROM $130 - $150k. Outstanding benefits, bonus and retirement plan
- Ensures that Total Rewards programs support company's growth strategy, business goals, and talent acquisition/retention objectives, while maximizing total compensation value and responsibly managing the company's investment.
- Partners with the HR Technology Manager to align total rewards initiatives to technology & processes.
- Ensures Total Rewards programs are aligned with performance management, are compliant, consistent and in support of the company's program and strategy; supports the administration of merit and bonus programs.
- Participates in forums or committees to bring subject matter expertise and thought leadership in making recommendations to the leadership team on strategy, company standards, procedures, compliance, and metrics.
Compensation Program: Partners with the Head of HR in the development, execution, communication, and administration of compensation programs.
- Creates a compensation strategy that includes accurate job titles, job descriptions, job families, job grades, salary ranges, external benchmarks, etc. and aligns on expectations and compensation/benefit packages.
- Ensures pay is externally competitive, internally equitable, and legally compliant.
- Investigates and recommends resolution on classification questions and Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA) exemptions.
- Assists in the administration of the deferred compensation and 401k plan.
Benefits Program: Responsible for the development, execution, and communication of all benefit programs; including benefits administration process, vendor management, annual benefits plan strategy and design, annual open enrollments, new hire enrollments, and qualifying events.
- Provides guidance to local HR partners in their communications with employees in relation to the employee's benefit plans. Equips local HR with the proper tools and communication to inform employees of their total rewards packages. Consults with Corporate HR and local HR partners to ensure benefit offerings meet employees' needs to enhance engagement.
- Participates in benefit surveys on an ongoing basis to forecast trends and make recommendations for future benefit designs to attract and retain employees.
- Negotiates with and manages valued relationships with broker and vendor partners, ensuring services are delivered within agreed upon service expectations.
- Manages group insurance benefits (health, dental, vision, life, AD&D, disability, and flexible spending accounts) and leaves of absence (LOA).
- Manages the annual renewal processes including collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure benefit offerings are competitive, affordable and in compliance with local and federal regulations.
- Serves as main point of contact for benefit carriers and assists with escalated employee questions and issues related to benefit plans, eligibility, and enrollment.
- Monitors existing compliance regulations and emerging governmental legislation related to benefit programs and labor laws, including ERISA, COBRA, HCRA, ACA, and HIPAA. Ensures completion of regulatory reporting and audits.
- Oversees FMLA and disability administration; plays key role with local HR partners in the education and coordination of leaves.
- Ability to design compensation and benefit programs which balance employee engagement/needs, cost effectiveness, and legal requirements.
- Exemplify outstanding customer service skills, interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels.
- Demonstrate solid project management, communication and change management skills.
- Influence stakeholders to accomplish goals on-time and within budget.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to service and accountability.
- Convey a positive attitude, embrace change and possess a sense of curiosity in learning new roles and responsibilities.
- Leadership and engagement of team to achieve performance expectations.
- Act with integrity, professionalism, confidentiality.
- Promote a positive attitude and a sense of curiosity in learning new roles and responsibilities.
- Instill a culture of leadership and engagement of team to achieve performance expectations.
- 8+ years of HR experience; ideally in a manufacturing industry
- 5+ years of compensation and benefit design and full scope benefits administration including health, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, and disability plans.
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Human Resource Management, or related field, Master's degree preferred.
- Relevant certifications, such as CEBS or SHRM CP/SCP or compensation professional credentials preferred.
- Experience in self-insured and fully insured benefits plans, as well as HSAs and HRAs required.
- Strong working knowledge of benefit laws and government regulations including, ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, ACA, and HCRA.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office suite and knowledge of HRIS system (UKG/Ultipro).
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.