Job Number: 2165131
A highly successful and innovative agricultural equipment company, in business for more than 10 years designing and manufacturing electric agriculture vehicles and related products, is expanding its team. Solectrac Electric Tractors are the clean, quiet, zero-emission alternative to diesel tractors, provide all the power of a comparable diesel tractor, and can be charged by renewable energy, like wind and solar. Solectrac is building a team of dedicated and energetic professionals and offers a supportive work environment.
Position: Vehicle Design Engineer
The position will be based in Santa Rosa, California
The vehicle design engineer will be responsible for design, development and integration of tractor sub-systems.
- Develop mechanical, structural, hydraulic and thermal systems and components for tractors.
- Ensure proper rigor is followed in the development process applying principles of:
- Design for Manufacturing/Design for Service/Design for quality.
- Determine and incorporate applicable standards in designs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and ensure designs meet reliability, manufacturability, serviceability, safety and compliance to applicable standards.
- Support operations and customer support teams to resolve manufacturing and field issues.
- Manage projects from cradle to grave, including design, testing, production, and delivery
- Interface with customers, suppliers and contractors.
- Has solid experience in designing mechanical systems and understands interactions between subsystems.
- Experience in integrating electric drives into agricultural/utility tractors (or ability to learn).
- Experience in the product development process (design, analysis, validation, launch).
- Gathers customer needs and product applications and translate them into product specifications and designs.
- Has good knowledge and application of off-road/Ag vehicle standards.
- Understands cost, quality and schedule implications in the product development process.
- Proficient in CAD software (Solidworks).
- Collaborates with internal cross functional teams and external partners.
- Works closely with customers, Project Managers, marketing, and Product Managers to understand, document and execute vehicle requirements.
- Utilizes sound problem-solving techniques for resolving test, build and field, incidents to provide a timely closure to issues that affect quality, reliability and durability.
- Ensures design changes are properly validated and comply with regulatory and testing requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or other vehicle related engineeringfields.
- 5 years of experience in design of tractors or off-road machinery.
- Experience in two or more of these areas: mechanical and hydraulic systems, drivetrain applications, structures, electro-mechanical systems, electric drives
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.