Job Number: 2179319
We are currently searching for a Manager of Volunteer Services to join our team. In this role, you will collaborate with staff and association leadership to identify and fill over 1000 volunteer opportunities annually within our network.
Job Title: Volunteer Services Manager
Location: Sacramento, Ca ( hybrid)
- Develop, plan, and oversee the volunteer program to attract, motivate, train, and deploy volunteers effectively.
- Establish and implement recruitment and onboarding procedures for volunteers.
- Collaborate with various departments to identify volunteer needs and create suitable opportunities.
- Create and execute strategies to engage volunteers in various association initiatives.
- Manage volunteer schedules and assignments to ensure coverage for all essential tasks.
- Utilize Volunteer Management Software for overseeing the volunteer base, association needs, assignments, and evaluations.
- Provide leadership and guidance to volunteers, fostering a positive and supportive environment.
- Regularly assess the volunteer program and volunteers to gauge effectiveness and implement improvements.
- A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in volunteer management and/or coordination, with a preference for candidates with experience working directly with association members.
- Proficiency in managing Volunteer Management Software.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of best practices in volunteer management and engagement.
- Collaborative mindset, capable of working effectively with diverse groups of individuals.
- Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
We invite you to apply today!
We offer an engaging work environment with a comprehensive compensation package, including competitive salary, outstanding benefits, and generous paid time off. Our work environment combines both in-office and remote work days, creating a flexible and dynamic workplace.
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life AD&D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.