Job Number: 2178945
San Rafael, CA
Mon-Fri, 5am-1:30pm or 7am-3:30pm
3 month - possible Temp to hire
The Warehouse Worker I/II takes direction from the Shipping Supervisor & eCommerce Shipping Lead and will work across the distribution team to coordinate and meet shipping priorities. This position uses software and equipment to ensure that orders placed on website are shipped out in an accurate, timely and efficient manner. This position is also responsible for utilizing EOP's ERP/WMS system to document and meet shipping goals (Enterprise Resource Planning / Warehouse Management System).
Material Handling and Warehouse Support
Shipping and Receiving
Ensure that sales orders are prepared for shipment, as prioritized by the supervisor. Including:
- Picking, palletizing, and tagging orders
- Wrapping pallets according to procedure
- Receiving and checking-in in drivers before product loading starts
- Organize time and labor to ensure orders are ready to meet customer pickup schedule
Receive transfer orders from campus warehouses on arrival, including:
- Loading and unloading transfer orders as needed
- Using RF scanners to receive Transfer Order contents
- Follow bin put away protocols for finish goods received at the warehouse
- Maintain accurate inventory control, including the organization of the warehouse
- Follow replenishment guidelines to ensure adequate stock levels are accessible
- Record any other necessary data associated with shipping and receiving onto sales and transfer order paperwork
* Ensure that sales orders are picked, packed, and shipped according to procedures. Prioritize shipment order based on needs communicated by the Sales or Community Care departments.
* Confirm that orders and shipping quantities match picking tickets through careful auditing of order documents.
* Prepare packages for shipment with efficient packaging material use, while ensuring safe arrival of products.
* Alert management team when order backlog exceeds two days.
* Follow-up with internal team members (Sales, Marketing, etc.) regarding requested tracking, priority or expediting of shipments.
* Enter all data associated with shipping, receiving, and sales orders into shipping and enterprise systems (NetSuite, RF Smart, Fed-Ex Ship Manager, etc)
* Learn and utilize ERP (enterprise resource platform) and WMS (warehouse management systems) for order picking, replenishment, and stock/lot/location checks
. * Inform eCommerce Lead or Shipping Supervisor if supplies are needed.
Safety and Other
Support good housekeeping practices - maintain clean floors, keep aisles and foottraffic lanes clear. Support occasional warehouse housekeeping tasks, such as trash removal, disposal of wood debris, and the recycling of cardboard waste
Follow all shipping and receiving policies and procedures and make appropriate recommendations for improvements in safety, efficiency, or accuracy
Support a safe working environment by following all safety protocols, and reporting any unsafe conditions or observed, unsafe conduct
- Ability to achieve and maintain powered industrial truck / forklift certification
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload, take initiative and keep pace with warehouse needs
- Ability to get along with people at all levels and consistently promote a positive team environment
- Good math and written communication skills
- Intermediate English language proficiency required. Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred but not required
- Ability to work with software programs and technology involved in shipping, distribution, and warehouse management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Previous certification as a forklift / powered industrial truck operator
Minimum of one year of experience as a forklift/powered industrial truck operator required. Two or more years of forklift experience is preferred.
Prior experience in GMP environment preferred but not required
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life AD&D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.