- Location: Sunnyvale
- Salary: Negotiable per hour
- Job Type:Temp to Hire
Posted 22 days ago
Job Number: 2157068
Duties and responsibilities
· Keep pallets consolidated to maximize floor space.
· Manage FIFO Inventory process
· Label pallets for USDA and other uses.
· Communicate with other Operations staff how food will be used and assigned to programs.
· Drive cargo vans & 18' box truck to collect donations from individual donors & retail stores.
· Drive forklift and operate pallet jacks to move inventory safely around warehouse
· Organize pallets according to USDA and food handling guidelines
· Prepare volunteer food packing events by staging food, putting out necessary supplies and supporting stocking, stacking and cleaning efforts during the event.
· May be working with other operations staff to fulfill packing, sorting, lifting boxes, organizing warehouse and storage areas, determining how food will be used and assigned to programs, assisting clients with food pickup or other needs and helping with the direction given to other warehouse activities for the food program volunteers (adults, students 16 years and older and small groups).
· Clean and organize the warehouse, parking lot, storage units and vehicles on a regular basis to maintain a safe and efficient workspace.
· Develop and update checklists, procedures, training material, inventory labeling, and identification schemes for consistent and effective warehouse operation, as well as may be managing the FIFO Inventory process,
· Coordinate pickups and drop offs from donors, storage locations and retail stores.
· Keep vehicle and warehouse maintenance record in a secure and organized fashion.
· Develop strong relationships and represent the agency in a professional manner at all times with vendors, volunteers and community partners.
· Attend necessary Second Harvest of Silicon Valley and other trainings as directed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of GED or High School degree, preferably an associate degree or equivalent
* Minimum of 4 years of warehouse experience
· Proof of current CA Driver's license and insurance
· Able to work flexible schedule including occasional nights and weekends
· Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills
· Ability to lift 35 lbs. repeatedly over three hours (Grocery bags out of carts and into cars and similar tasks.)
· Ability to lift 50 lbs. with ease repeatedly for 20 minutes once every 10 minutes for 3 hours. (bags of potatoes 6 feet from a pallet to a worktable and similar heavy lifting requirement)
· Ability to lift 75 lbs. occasionally unassisted (heavy pallets onto stacks of pallets)
· Ability to utilize proper bending, lifting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing, dismounting and three points of contact techniques
· Ability to work on your feet most of the working day
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.