- Location: Petaluma, Sonoma, California
- Salary: US$20.00 - US$22.00 per hour per hour
- Job Type:Contract
Posted 17 days ago
Job Number: 2161614
Hours are 8:00AM - 4:30PM, Monday through Friday 1/2 hr. lunch with two 15 minute breaks.
* Ability to be punctual and start work on time each day, reliable transportation.
* Strong organizational skills: able to manage priorities and workflow.
* Strong math skills. Basic understanding of Excel is required.
* Detail oriented with strong follow-up initiative.
* Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
* Able to handle changing priorities throughout the day.
* Communicate any inventory issues/discrepancies with operations.
* Forklift certified (electric and gas).
* Knowledge of shipping programs - FedEx, UPS, USPS.
* Accurate packing/labeling of orders.
* Ability to wrap pallets with stretch wrap.
* Verify correct labeling of cartons.
* Accurately complete forms and documentation.
* Load and unload domestic truckloads daily.
* Unload and palletize multiple shipping containers a week.
* Verify incoming shipments against factory packing lists.
* Restock inventory.
* Keep warehouse area clean, take out garbage, break down cardboard, etc.
Job duties could change as the need of the work changes.
* One or more years of warehouse experience preferred.
This position requires frequent operation of forklift and manual pallet jacks, the ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, bend, lift, twist, pull, push, carry, grasp, reach and stoop as need. Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 pounds. Able to work in various temperatures. This is a very physical job.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.