- Location: Sonoma
- Salary: US$16.00 - US$21.00 per hour per hour
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 28 days ago
Job Number: 2158369
HARVEST SCALEHOUSE WEIGH MASTER
Pay $16-$21.00 DOE
This is a great opportunity to work within a luxury winemaking team for the 2021 harvest. The facility is a state-of-the-art luxury hub that houses several mature and up and coming brands. Be a part of a highly sought-after legacy winery that is at the forefront of the industry!
This position is responsible for operating the weigh scales, scale computer and software programs. In addition, data entry, compliance duties, and record keeping for truck receival are necessary. Position is also required to screen and record incoming loads at the scale house and direct vehicles entering and leaving the facility when required.
Work in this position requires the ability to multi-task and fill in where required. A positive attitude is essential.
This position requires a detail-oriented person able to maintain focus in a high-tempo environment.
- Provide prompt and courteous service to drivers.
- Ensures that trucks are properly positioned on scales for accurate weights.
- Inspect loads and query drivers as required. Enter load information and customer/truck information into computer and operate computerized truck scale to determine weight of load.
- Instruct the drivers to the appropriate receiving area.
- Accurately perform routine data entry into a computer, make accurate basic mathematical calculations and accurately post and keep legible records.
- Operate computer to generate weigh tags for each load, split loads, record and secure delivery affidavits, and maintain records of all incoming/outgoing loads that cross the scales.
- Answer scale house/office telephones, coordinate with pick managers, and work closely with the driver concierge onsite.
- Work closely with winemaking to provide real time load estimates for processing.
Excellent communication ability
Computer skills required, including Microsoft Office
Basic math associated with converting units and making calculations
Self-motivated, detail oriented, and able to work independently
Able to work a flexible schedule and weekends
Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.