Job Number: 2165412
The Production Welder is primarily responsible for performing electric and gas welding/brazing which must pass the necessary code requirements specified by the company's customers.
- Provide quality, on time welding and/or brazing of compressors, generators, and associated parts and pieces.
- Ensure the safety of all employees through adherence to safety policies and practices with all Welding operations.
- Maintain the facilities and equipment as directed.
- Assist with the control of the manufacturing expenses of the plant through the proper use of all supplies and equipment and the meeting of all labor standards
- Notify supervisors of adequate levels of supplies and tools for completion of assigned work.
- Ensure effective communication within the department and with all company functions.
- Participate in all cross training programs as directed by supervisor.
- Completion of all tasks as assigned by the Production Manager or his designate on time and per quality standards, whether weld/braze or any other tasks.
- To perform all other duties in the best interest of the company or as directed by the Manufacturing Manager and Director of Manufacturing.
- All Other Duties as Assigned
- Degree from technical school or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Welding/Brazing experience.
- Achieve and maintain certification per Mil-Std-278. Valid Driver's License. Ability to read and understand structural drawing, schematics and operating manuals. Must be able to take and pass respirator and pulmonary function test.
- Ability to perform calculations such as percentages, ratios and fractions.
- Ability to learn basic computer skills and ability to adapt to a variety of software applications. Ability to understand the use and application of air and gas compressors and generators and basic manufacturing tooling and equipment.
- Ability to communicate with others to exchange information both orally and in writing.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.