- Location: Healdsburg
- Salary: Negotiable per year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted about 1 month ago
Job Number: 2163559
Our client is seeking a Winemaker to join their team.
The Winemaker will be responsible for production and winemaking.
In addition, the Winemaker will support our production cost accounting function and will deal directly with our supply partners, co-packing partners and vendors.
* Responsible for winery and facilities aesthetics, organization.
* Maintain working relationships with suppliers and ensure highest quality at the lowest possible cost.
* Responsible for all aspects as it relates to the procurement, transportation, safety, receiving, testing, flaw corrections, blending and any and all aspects up to the point of bottling.
* Revising all SOPS relating to bulk wine operations. (revisions in 2022).
* Daily scheduling and prioritizing of workload to meet production and efficiency goals
* Assist in training and supervising permanent cellar staff and temporary harvest staff.
* Troubleshoot Lab & Testing
* Responsible for microbiological, stability and other wine testing at in house lab.
* Managing outside lab work for regular wine test (where applicable)
* Working with other departments on the development of new products and the testing of these products up to development.
* Complete and thorough knowledge of all winery standard SOP's.
* Has managed cellar staff as a part of the experience.
* Experience with Navision or Navision Operational related products.
* Understanding of basic TTB compliance.
* Experience operating a cross flow filter.
* Have direct experience in running and clean and organized cellar.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.